For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit.
It is important for the warrior to constantly meditate upon these things:
1. Think honestly within yourself in your dealings with all men.
2. Constant training is the only way to learn strategy.
3. Become familiar with every art you come across.
4. Understand the way of other disciplines.
5. Know the difference between right and wrong in the matters of men.
6. Strive for inner judgment and an understanding of everything.
7. See that which cannot be seen.
8. Overlook nothing, regardless of insignificance.
9. Do not waste your time idling or thinking after you have set your goals.